Monday, December 23, 2013

Not by our efforts...

I'm the type that does not sit back well and wait.  I like to try to solve issues, on my own.  I will loose sleep for nights at a time with my mind solving and figuring. The adoptions are no different.  I have dreamed  up every idea under the sun to fundraise for Amy's adoption.  This month as the time has grown closer and the amount we need to get her home is still overwhelmingly large, I've been even worse...staying up half the night painting haibow holders, and making flowered hats, initiating coin drives, printing inserts, support letters, auctions, drawings ect.  My absolute crazy schedule has brought me not much closer to Amy. Many of my brilliant ideas have been absolute failures! 
     I stayed home from church Sunday with some kids who weren't feeling well, and was watching the sermon online.  Pastor John said, " Be careful you don't limit the working of God to your ability to figure things out." I sat in front of the computer crying. I have so been doing that!  When we first heard of Amy I told God there was no way, we could not afford another adoption six months after bringing YiXi home from China, and that day, through many events, I received God's promise that He would provide.  We committed to Amy with no idea how we'd fund her adoption but knowing God had never failed us! 
   As this year has gone, I've found myself limiting God to my ideas, and in my quiet time with Him this week, I've heard His gentle reminder..He is faithful. 
   I thought of George Muller who trusted God's provision for that moment, even to the point of setting the table and sitting the orphans in his care down to dinner, where there was no food, knowing that God would bring it in time to eat! ...and God did! Not before lest we trust in our own efforts, but in perfect timing that we can see the fullness of God's faithfulness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment