Thursday, December 12, 2013

Heart of Adoption



     While this song is of our relationship with God, I heard it and thought of adoption. This month has been a struggle to me, knowing Amy's adoption is almost complete and still not having the funds needed to bring her home.  I thought of how much easier adoption would be if we had the money first...then I realized that if I had taken the time to save up that amount of money, the children I had chosen would have died.  Their health and nutrition so poor upon their arrival home that many would not have lived.  When Benjamin came home from Haiti, the doctor told us, he would not have survived two more weeks.  Maybe thats why God places in the adoptive Mams heart this desperation to rescue that child, that Mama's love.  As crazy as it might be, it's there before you ever meet them, this fierce desire to rescue and protect them from harm at all costs, to cross the highest mountain.  For Benjamin, that was to sell everything we could, yes including our furniture.  And just in time, he was rescued.  I held that sick little baby, sitting on that old blue hide-a-bed someone donated to us after we sold the living room couch, and I looked at those brown eyes, and knew no couch or bed in the world was worth more than that little life.  And to little Amy, Mama would cross the deepest ocean, or climb the highest mountain to get to you too, because I already love you that much!  

No comments:

Post a Comment